The National Museum of Kazakhstan RSBSE,
Culture and Sports Ministry of Kazakhstan
1. General Provisions
These rules are aimed at ensuring safety and security when visiting the Republican State Budget-Supported Enterprise "The National Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan" of the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter - the Museum), binding on all persons within the territory of the Museum. The Museum includes a parking site, entrance hall with a vestibule area, dressing area, approaching corridors, stairs, escalators, elevators, a lifting platform for disabled people, an exhibition hall, toilets, a cafe, a conference hall and exhibition halls.
Operation and responsibilities of the Museum officers for safety and service culture of visitors are determined by the applicable law and local regulations of the Museum.
The National Museum is open to the public every day except Mondays, on weekends and public holidays, except for January 1st.
Opening hours and termination of visits at the Museum are indicated:
- on the official website (www.nationalmuseum.kz);
- on information and reference media in the input area.
The entrance ticket to the Museum entitles a single visit to the specified date on the ticket.
In the event of an emergency return to the input area after passing through the turnstile, the visitor is obliged to contact the administrator for the harmonization of the re-entrance to the museum.
Unused (with unnumbered barcode) ticket and a ticket for services may be returned to the cashier.
Refunds for unused ticket, a ticket for services carried out only on presentation of an identity document based on the visitor's personal statement and signature of the visitor to the Museum ticket (or check), confirming the fact that the ticket has not been used. Ticket return to host amateur photo and video is carried out only in the presence of unused entrance ticket in the abovementioned order.
Visitors must when visiting the Museum to purchase a ticket at the ticket office in the days and hours in which the Museum is open to the public; or by booking on the web-site of the Museum, to take care of the property of the Museum, as it is the public property, to maintain integrity, public order and to follow the requirements of the Regulations.
2. Procedure and Requirements for Museum Visits
2.1. The following are the Museum visits’ requirements:
1) Follow the instructions of the Museum staff
2) Check in outdoor clothes (to a cloakroom);
3) Check in to put in storage boxes - carry-on luggage: bags, backpacks, briefcases, umbrellas, sizes do not exceed 40 x 40 x 20 cm., hand luggage larger than 40 x 40 x 20 cm cannot be put into a storage cell, attendance with such hand luggage to the museum area is prohibited;
4) For the privileged categories of visitors, provided by local normative acts of the Museum (the list of these categories is in the information section of the museum ticket office), entrance to the visit to the Museum on the basis of preferential / free ticket for the right to preferential/free admission is given upon presentation of a document certifying the right to preferential/free service (passport, identity, student tickets and other documents);
5) Enter the museum to cross the line automated inspection, passing through the screening equipment (introscope) and special equipment (metal detectors). Where appropriate, a visual inspection of personal belongings is carried out (purses, sports and shopping bags, packages, folders, etc.), and personal searches may also be conducted;
6) Provide entrance to the Museum only through ENTRANCE door, and the leave of the complex only through EXIT door.
7) Pass through the turnstile presenting a ticket at a checkpoint entitling to the visit the exhibition area. Re-entry by this ticket is not possible.
8) Keep the ticket until the end of the tour (before the end of the time spent at the Museum), and present it at the request of the administration;
9) Non-automatic checkpoint is intended only for the passage of small mobile groups of visitors;
10) In the event of smoke or fire, as well as situations that may affect the safety of visitors and the Museum, immediately notify the staff of the Museum;
11) In case of neglected items immediately inform the museum and do not take independent actions on their movement;
12) When using ladders one must comply with the security measures necessary to hold on to the handrail, one shouldn’t outweigh over the rail, keep small children by the hand or hands and monitor their behavior on the stairs;
13) Visiting children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by adults;
14) Submission of any other documents (gift certificate, ticket, etc.) are not purchased at the box office of the Museum are not the basis for the entrance to the Museum;
15) Children and school groups without an appointment:
- as part of each child and the school organized group (under 16 years) there must be an adult accompanying the group.
- parents and the accompanying need to familiarize children with the rules of the visit and be responsible for their implementation;
16) Booking of a group visit to the museum is made prematurely by phone: +7 (7172) 91-90-35; (10:00 to 17:00) Monday - a day off, last Friday of a month - a cleaning day.
2.2. Visitors are prohibited from:
1) Passing in outerwear, hats, scarves, fur vest, sunglasses;
2) Removing sweaters, cardigans, sweatshirts and wearing them in hands-on bags, tying on oneself in the hall;
3) Passing with backpacks of all sizes, large bags;
4) Passing with prams. The museum has a dedicated parking space accessible;
5) Passing and being without shoes or clothing;
6) Bringing toys, balloons, flowers, branches, umbrellas of all sizes;
7) Passing through the turnstile without a ticket (s);
8) Entering without permission the service and manufacturing and technical facilities;
9) Entering with food and drink;
10) Drinking any drinks brought with them (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), entering the museum in a state of intoxication, as well as the influence of drugs or toxic substances;
11) Bringing fireworks, flammable, poisonous, toxic, poisonous substances, objects and liquids, household gas cylinders;
12) Using any open fire, pyrotechnics (fireworks, firecrackers, etc.);
13) Bringing firearms, stabbing, cutting, and easily breakable objects, as well as components and related items;
14) Having and / or carrying any animal;
15) Smoking in the museum (including electronic cigarettes);
16) Touching layouts and windows, touching them, putting any objects on a mock;
17) Penetrating into the under-model area;
18) Putting children on the railing, gates, railings, fences;
19) Damaging any facilities and equipment of the Museum, as well as its property, in case of violation of this paragraph the person who caused damage to the property must compensate the damage in full. This fact is fixed, the materials are submitted for consideration under applicable law;
20) Littering and contaminating the premises of the museum;
21) Putting inscriptions on the surface of the object, objects, etc .;
22) Running in the premises, talking loudly, singing, talking on the phone during the tour;
23) Fighting, insulting workers and other visitors to the Museum;
24) Bringing skateboards and skates, scooters, bicycles and all similar sports facilities, as well as visiting the Museum in roller sneakers;
25) Listening to audio equipment through the speakers, using amplification and playing a musical instrument (without a special permit);
26) Using the area of the museum without the written permission of its administration to engage in commercial, advertising and other activities.
27) Carry out any campaign activities of any nature;
28) Using a lifting platform (except disabled people, accompanied by the employee of the museum) and a toilet for the disabled;
29) Conducting photo and video shooting in all halls of the Museum (without a special permit);
30) Being in the museum after the working hours.
In case of violation of the rules of the Museum staff have the right to apply measures aimed at ensuring the safety of visitors and stay, i.e. remove the offending from the museum building.
3. Visitors to the museum complex are entitled to:
1) be in all facilities of the Museum intended to visit according to the work schedule of the Museum;
2) use photographic and video equipment with a special permit (a ticket to carry out photo and video shooting);
3) use the audio guide rental (audio guides are issued to persons full of age);
4) use the services of a café, a shop;
5) look at the layout is done only within the enclosure;
6) pass with other devices (baby carrier, baby basket, bag for babies) for transportation of a child;
To avoid accidents when you visit the museum, you must be careful and take into account that:
- blackout occurs periodically in the halls, imitating nightfall;
- expositions are equipped with powerful sound and light effects;
- there is constant wet cleaning of the floor in the halls;
- when viewing the exhibits with children on the shoulders adults must take into account the height of the door and other openings;
- when using the observation podium one needs to consider his/her physical abilities when going up and down;
Administration reserves the right to:
- to change opening hours of the Museum, but will notify visitors in advance;
- to enable operation of cash services to visitors in the entrance area of the Museum, organizing operation of box offices. Cash management services of persons having the right to purchase discounted tickets means that the cashier is obliged to require a document confirming belonging to the privileged categories;
- to enable work of a cloak-room for outdoor clothes of visitors, as well as the presence of cells for storing bulky items, hand luggage and photographic and video equipment;
- to enable presence of information boards with information about the procedure and conditions for access to museum objects and museum collections in the entrance area of the Museum. Stands must be placed in a conspicuous place accessible in any of the following formats: wall stands, floor and table stands, and must contain the following information:
• on operation of the Museum;
• on temporary exhibitions;
• on closed halls;
• on a list of museum services rendered;
• on offers of tours;
• on how to use the online catalog of the museum;
• on how visitors can give their reviews, comments and suggestions on the work of the Museum.
- to provide visitors with up-to-date and understandable navigation through the halls of the Museum with mandatory designation of places for recreation, meal, location of toilets;
- to ensure availability of labels and information sheets containing information on museum items in the hall, a description of the exhibition hall;
- to ensure availability of expositions to the public relating to the category with limited mobility: the disabled people and the elderly persons. If it is necessary to use lifting devices, visitors can contact the administrator of the Museum;
- to ensure courteous treatment of its staff (including the technical one) with museum visitors and non-use of coercive measures to them, except in cases of violation of these Rules;
- to ensure that the employees of the museum, directly interacting with visitors, have a chest plate with the name, first name, middle name and position;
- to organize the reception, registration and consideration of written proposals, applications, complaints from citizens, as well as answers to such requests within the statutory period;
- to use photos and videos captured in the Museum, including photos and videos with the participation of visitors;
- to allow professional photo and video;
- in order to ensure the safety, if necessary, the police of the Interior Ministry shall be entitled to check visitors using metal detectors or inspection in the presence of witnesses. In case of a visitor’s refusal the administration reserves the right to refuse to visit the Museum;
- the administration has the right to carry out filming in the territory and premises of the museum complex for security purposes;
- the administration reserves the right to adjust the number of visitors by limiting access to the Museum;
- the administration reserves the right to refuse to visit the Museum.
- the museum administration reserves the right to change the content of the exhibition layout: occupancy and plot scenes, the movement of cars, color landscape, etc.
- the museum administration is not responsible for personal belongings left and unattended objects.
In all other cases not provided for in these Regulations, one should be guided by the current legislation of the
Republic of Kazakhstan and local acts of the Museum;
Changes and additions to these Regulations shall be made on the basis of order of the Director of the Museum.